Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kiln Explosion

You can't have any successes unless you can accept failure. ~George Cukor

Just when I thought things were going well, sales were picking up for the holidays, had many custom orders, I was actually ahead of schedule.....
Having a bad day. It happens to use all. Sometimes things just go wrong, it just sees to happen a lot recently. I think that the computer on my kiln reverted to the last program I used, which was a quick , fast gold firing, instead of the very slow bisque firing I usually do. I expected the kiln to fire around 100 degrees in an hour, I returned to check on it in and hour and a half and it was over 700 degrees, with this result.I am trying desperately to stay upbeat. I stayed up late last night night working on the orders that broke. Many of them did, some, miraculously survived. I lost around 3-4 days of work in this small disaster. Life goes on. I just have less time than I thought. After all tomorrow is another day....

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Pamela, what day! I'm so sorry your kiln "misfired". But you have a great attitude about it. I LOVE both quotes. So true, so true. Just sometimes, hard to swallow. LOL Kick on! You will have a great season I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how absolutely tragic and what a site. I'm so sorry for immense loss of time and hard work. I do admire your attitude though in trying to stay positive.♥