Thursday, November 6, 2008

Angels

God not only sends special angels into our lives, but sometimes He even sends them back again if we forget to take notes the first time! ~Quoted in The Angels’ Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994

I always feel sad when doing custom work for a customer whose pet has died and wants a figurine or ornament made from their photo. I miss each and every one of my beloved pets as they wait for me at the rainbow bridge.I saw this poem online and had to share, what love…what devotion….

for anyone who has lost the pet they love….picture-124

My Angel
Chris S. Nail

She freezes when I touch her
So as not to stop the feeling
Of my hand rubbing
Her soft red fur
At the moment that I do stop
She turns quickly to
Look deeply into my eyes
Acknowledging my touch
Her big brown eyes
So expressive
Convey a love so deep
And a commitment so complete
She truly is
This man’s best friend
My guardian
My Angel
By my side
Through the good times and bad
Always my friend
Be I happy or sad
She loves my touch
And will sit for hours
Or as long as I want
To share the gentle caresses from my hand
As she has now grown quite old
And lost most of her hearing
I am again amazed by her
Thoughtful act of love
As I lay sleeping in my bed
She lies against both the bed and my wheelchair
So as not to miss
My slightest stir
And when she feels the movement
As the bed shakes or the chair
She turns to see
For what she should prepare
Am I turning for another round of sleep
Or is the insomnia taking its toll
In which case the comfort of a friend
Is always welcome ~ and you bet she’s there
If it is time for me to get up
She gladly follows with me
From room to room she moves
Tirelessly without despair
Always ready if I need her
Always ready if I want her
My Angel is anxious
To be with me anywhere
For she truly is
This man’s best friend
My guardian
My Angel

shannonphoto

My Shannon Angel

No comments: