Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Ramblings...

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
Albert Camus (1913 - 1960)

I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments on my paintings, maybe someday I will be able to show and sell them, in the meantime, I will keep working on them. I have neglected my sculpting lately also. January is clean the studio time. ugh, hate doing it, but it needs to get done.

I hate January, the month is long, and it is so sad. The Christmas decorations have to come down, be packed up and put away until another year. The house gets a thorough cleaning and everything looks so empty without the trees and decorations. It is cloudy cool and dreary looking out today also. Which doesn't help. It looks like January, with palm trees.You can tell I have not lived in Florida my whole life. I remember those cold frozen in winters of childhood. The snow would be up to the window sills and sometimes above. The ice, the lack of sunlight for months. When it did come out, the ice would glitter and glisten like a winter fairyland, then it would suddenly turn into mush, all brown and messy.
I guess Florida is better than that! So it is cool, a mere 65, and not sunny, my powder puff plant is in bloom, so is the bougainvillea.The smell of Orange blossoms is in the air. The Brugmansia trees are open in a all of their glory, a stunning sight to see. The yard needs mowing, the live oak leaves are being pushed out, not quite swimming weather, (unless you are a Siberian Husky) all in all, January is not so bad.


Brugmansia

2 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Yes!

I've never really done it - at least not with THIS mom - but swimming sounds like FUN!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Wow, to have blooms in the winter, what a treat! Yes, our decor finally came down this weekend and I miss it so. I keep thinking about Spring and I know the time will go by quickly in hindsight but for now the days do drag on.